20 Steps to Designing and Developing a Website
There’s more to designing and developing a website than the 4 simple steps outlined in the GETTING STARTED page.
Those steps are truly an overview. Something that won’t overload clients who are more concerned with the results than the process to get there.
For those clients interested in more detail, a OhainWEB.com it is actually more of a 20 step process, as follows:
- Create page and navigation layout for approval
- Header and footer designed
- Home page designed
- Sub page(s) designed
- Send to client for approval
- Revisions on header, footer, home and sub page
- Once approved, build out remaining pages
- Create templates for standardized sections of website and recurring pages like galleries, projects, products, etc.
- Implement all integrations for mail list sign ups, social media, widgets, etc.
- Create and test all contact forms
- Adjust and optimize design for mobile and responsive use
- Input necessary SEO settings
- Double check site grammar and content
- Cross browser check and bug fixes
- Send for final review
- Make all final client revisions
- Create client custom dashboard and training video (if necessary)
- Delete unnecessary plugins, images and tools
- Backup site and save locally
- Launch site
This process can often be broken down into even more detail but this is the basic structure of all that’s involved with every one of our builds whether it’s a 5 page brochure style site or a 50 page site with events, e-commerce, etc.
We use the 20-Step Process as a checklist and it’s been a good practice to make sure we’ve not overlooked anything before launching a site.
Creating a checklist like this and putting a timeline along with it can be a very efficient way to make sure your design / development process is lining up with your project deadlines.
Please note that the bolded lines above (1, 7, 20) coincide with the payment schedule, with 1/3 payments due.
OhainWEB has been serving the SETX community since 2005. We specialize in websites - with a strong emphasis on business planning and marketing. Good web design upfront is key to your success on the Internet.
Or Use Your PayPal Account.
Click the BBB logo to visit the BBB Business Review for OhainWEB.com
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE